Jobs Available at Food Tank:
Food Tank Research & Writing Fellowship
Application Deadline: August 18, 2017
Start Date: September 01, 2017
Position: Part Time, Stipend
Food Tank is hiring four highly skilled, creative, and hardworking Research and Writing Fellows with experience in and a commitment to food justice, food policy, nutrition, and sustainable agriculture. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to support and develop groundbreaking research driving health, nutrition, and environmental policy.
With the mentorship and support of Food Tank staff, Research and Writing Fellows will hone their skills assisting in a wide variety of projects including:
- Writing content for FoodTank.com
- Interviewing food system leaders and experts
- Providing logistical and administrative support
- Collecting, organizing, and managing web content
- Data entry and management
- Assisting with partner and member outreach
- Event management and coordination
- Building social media and web presence
- Developing articles for major blogs, newspapers, websites, and magazines
- Research and fact-checking various nonprofit materials
- Excellent writing and communication skills, preferably experience reporting on issues for newspapers, journals, and other publications
- Coursework reflecting interest and knowledge of communications, media, social media, and website design. Work in media and communication fields is a plus
- Coursework reflecting interest and knowledge of food and agricultural issues and/or sustainable development
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Event management, marketing, and customer service skills
- Experience with WordPress and Active Campaign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs
To apply, please send the following documents in one PDF attachment to McKenna Hayes ([email protected]) with “Food Tank Research & Writing Fellow” in the subject line.
- Resume and cover letter. We are looking for a thoughtful cover letter that displays your writing style
- GRE/LSAT/GMAT scores (Highly preferred but not required)
- Two writing samples
Due to the volume of applicants we receive, we will contact only those persons selected for an interview. A stipend is available for this position.
Food Tank Summit Fellow (New York City)
Timeframe: Now to 9/17/17
Location: New York City
Position: Part Time, Stipend
Food Tank (www.FoodTank.com) is one of the fastest growing nonprofit organizations around food and agriculture issues, focused on building a global community for safe, healthy, nourished eaters. We spotlight environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable ways of alleviating hunger, obesity, and poverty, and create networks of people, organizations, and content to push for food system change.
Food Tank, in partnership with Rethink Food Waste Through Economics and Data (ReFED) and with support from The Rockefeller Foundation and The Fink Family Foundation, will present a one-day summit on September 13, 2017, at the Greene Space in New York City (44 Charlton St., New York, NY, 10013), titled “Focusing on Food Loss and Waste.”
Food Tank is looking for two high-energy, high-enthusiasm, talented, and committed fellows to help us with planning, securing sponsors, and logistics.
Some responsibilities include:
• Assist with the creation and management of a team of volunteers for the Summit.
• Assist with outreach to local businesses for sponsorships and promotion opportunities
• Assist with outreach to campus and local media.
• Support the agenda, planning, and staging of the conference itself.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience in and passion for food and agriculture issues.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Ability to self-manage and stay organized while maintaining multiple assignments and deadlines.
• Coursework or experience reflecting interest and knowledge of communications, media, marketing, social media, and website design. Work in media and communications fields is a plus. The work requires attention to detail and creativity.
• Skills in event management or volunteer coordination are a major plus.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample or portfolio to Vanesa Botero-Lowry ([email protected]) with “Food Tank Event Fellow – NYC” in the subject line.
The recruitment process is open until positions are filled. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will contact only those persons selected for an interview. A stipend is available for this position.