Jobs Available at Food Tank
Duration: 3-6 months, full-time or part-time (10 - 40 hours per week) Start Date: Immediate (flexible). Can be based from anywhere. Preference for being based in Chicago. Position Summary: The Research and Communications Internship with Food Tank is a unique and exciting opportunity to support and participate in research that drives health, nutrition, and environmental policy. The intern will work closely with the Food Tank staff on the following: writing articles for major blogs, newspapers, websites, and magazines, researching and developing content for a new project and website; research and fact-checking; collecting, organizing, and managing web content; organizing resources and contacts; providing logistical and administrative support to on-the-ground research; and assisting in writing and outreach that will contribute to and help to promote the ongoing project. Interns will also have the chance to have their name published on prominent food, nutrition, policy, and environmental websites and in major newspapers and columns around the world. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills, preferably experience reporting on issues for newspapers, journals, and other publications.
- Experience with web and blog design and management, as well as professional video editing software and Photoshop.
- Ability to self-manage and stay organized while maintaining multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for food and agriculture issues—and for the importance of accurate information and analysis to guide environmental decision-making.
- Coursework reflecting interest and knowledge of communications, media, social media, and website design. Work in media and communications fields is a plus. The work requires attention to detail and creativity.
- Skills in event management are a major plus.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Danielle Nierenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Food Tank Internship” in the subject line. The recruitment process is open until positions are filled. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will contact only those persons selected for an interview. This is an unpaid internship position.