Food Tank is looking for creative writers who can produce high-quality content! Professional writers and editors, as well as passionate wordsmiths with experience in food justice, food policy, nutrition, and sustainable agriculture, are encouraged to apply. This is a remote opportunity and international topics are also encouraged. We have two types of writing opportunities at Food Tank including paid freelance articles and unpaid guest articles. Are you an experienced freelance writer? Please check out our freelance application HERE. If you are looking to contribute an unpaid guest post please see below for further details.
Additionally, if you are interested in a research & writing internship or fellowship please check out available positions HERE.
Please note, we appreciate your time and effort spent on article pitches and guest posts, but due to the volume of content we receive, we cannot accept all pitches.
Familiarize yourself with content on FoodTank.com.
What type of articles do we accept?
- News stories
- Q&A Interviews
- Investigative pieces
- Note: we only accept original articles and do not cross-post content.
Submit a pitch to Brian@foodtank.com OR follow Food Tank’s submission guidelines
To submit a pitch please include:
- Hook of the article – what is the main point?
- Include bullet points on why this topic is important, why this topic is interesting to our readers.
- Please make sure this topic is related to food/ag, and that we haven’t covered it before. (use search bar on foodtank.com)
- How is this relevant and timely? Ex: A couple lines including a link to a study, reliable source news article, etc.
- Include potential sources: relevant reports, links, articles that you’ll use as sources for the article
- Expert interview/opinions: please include idea/contact info for an interviewee(s)
Send everything in one email to Brian@FoodTank.com. with subject line “Food Tank Guest Article Pitch.”
Food Tank’s submission guidelines
- Title: Provide 3 catchy title options
- Article length: 300-800 words
- Photo: Include a landscape photo for the article (1500 x 900 px under 800 kb) with citation and caption or suggest a photo from istockphoto.com
- Two Teasers: Long (under 20 words) teaser and short (under 160 characters) teaser that describe the content of the article
- Bio: Include a short bio and headshot of yourself
Send everything in one email to Brian@FoodTank.com. with subject line “Food Tank Guest Article Submission.”